What is the Best Way to Upload Videos to YouTube
I had time to play with the output from my editing program and have been able to publish the following more detailed information:
Follow these guidelines & you should get great results with Youtube uploads.
1. YouTube (newest) recommended settings are:
* MPEG4 (DivX, Xvid) format
2. The source video needs to be ideally high resolution.
For instance: MOV or AVI file, NTSC 720×480 or VGA 640×480.
3. An Important step is you keep an aspect ratio of 4:3,
otherwise the quality of your video will be degraded. You tube decide the format so why fight this limitation. Flash 7 codec performs best when the frame width and height use multiples of 16. This is optimal for video playback.
4. Start with a high quality video encoder.
Keep in mind that most video editing programs such as Apple Final Cut Pro,
5. The standard mode, YouTube resizes your videos to 320×240 pixels,
encodes them to Flash 7 at a data rate of approximately 250 kbps and compresses audio to mp3 (22.050 KHz, mono).
6. YouTube has updated its encoding programs
YouTube has updated its encoding programs, and now you have the option of watching some videos at a higher quality or in Hi-Res Mode.
7. Hi-Res Mode, YouTube creates 2 new copies of your video to suit high and low speed connections:
* 448×336 pixels, Flash 7 video @ 900Kbps. Audio @ 44.1KHz Mono.
Now there are many convertor programs both free and paid for but you may find
you can output directly
Experiment and enjoy!